2018 Subaru Legacy Performance
The 2018 Subaru Legacy performance surpasses that of others in the midsize sedan segment with crisper, more controlled power. The choice between either a 4-cylinder or V6 engine allows drivers to choose their own fusion of power and efficiency. All-wheel drive comes standard across all trim levels for superior capability across all surfaces and weather conditions.
Subaru Legacy MPG & Power
The Legacy makes a claim to reliably strong performance by offering a choice of two engines:
- 2.5L 4-Cylinder Boxer: Even standard models will accelerate impressively and cruise with confidence around Portland, thanks to the 175-hp, 174 lb.-ft. of torque 2.5L four-cylinder.
- 3.6L 6-Cylinder Boxer Engine: The standard four-cylinder has been designed to appeal to the everyday driver, but the V6 is available for the driving purist. Its ferocious output comes out at 256 hp and 247 lb.-ft. of torque.
Both Legacy powerhouses are Boxer engines, which are horizontally opposed instead of vertically. That might not sound like a meaningful difference, but it endows the Legacy with:
- Low Center of Gravity: Horizontally opposed engines can be made smaller than vertically opposed; they sit lower in the vehicle to achieve the improved responsiveness afforded by a reduced center of gravity.
- Decreased Vibrations: With pistons working against each other to cancel out vibrations, the cabin remains whisper-quiet and the ride remains smooth.
- Improved Balance: Horizontally opposed engines can be constructed symmetrically, so their weight is distributed more evenly across the vehicle.
No matter your choice of engine, power will be refined by a Lineartronic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). This machine constantly optimizes your gear ratio to achieve up to 25 mpg city/34 mpg highway with the four-cylinder or 20 mpg city/28 mpg highway with the V6.*
Capability & Performance
Drivers near Medford should already be familiar with the Legacy line. The Legacy includes Subaru AWD across every trim level. You won’t find standard AWD on the Toyota Camry! The industry standard is to reserve AWD for top-tier sedan trims, but Subaru doesn’t demand more of your hard-earned money to grant peace of mind. The Symmetrical AWD system will react near instantaneously to any slippages, intelligently redistributing power between all four wheels to keep you in command.
The Legacy also equips Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) with Active Torque Vectoring across all models. This is among its most impressive technology features. Top of the line sensors will respond to your intended path and make sure the vehicle is keeping to it; if not, drive systems will be optimized to correct any discrepancy.
Experience the Subaru Legacy at Klamath Falls Subaru!
The Subaru Legacy’s reliably responsive and surprisingly engaging drive is something you need to try out for yourself. To take it for a spin and tell us what you think! Visit the Klamath Falls Subaru showroom today.
*EPA-estimated fuel economy. Actual mileage may vary.